Thursday, February 10, 2005

Movie Screaming

Well I saw a screening of “Relative Strangers" tonight… here’s the official summary of the movie…

Ron Livingston (Little Black Book), Neve Campbell (Scream 3), Danny DeVito (Be Cool), Kathy Bates (About Schmidt) star in “Relative Strangers”, a new hilarious comedy from the writer of “Meet The Parents.”

On a mission to locate his biological parents, a tightly wound professional (Livingston) is befuddled to find that the couple who conceived him aren't exactly upper-class, in fact they are from the wrong side of the trailer park.


As you can see, it’s a pretty interesting premise and had a decent cast, in fact Bob Odenkirk had a small part (I am a big Mr. Show fan). However, this film could not have been more poorly executed. It was way too rushed in the beginning and then slowed down to a crawl towards the middle. It did pick up for the last 25 min, but then ended suddenly without any payoff. None of the characters had any substance to them at all. Not that I expected this to be a character study or something, but I didn’t care at all about any of the characters or anything that happened to them. No sympathy, mostly apathy. And it's not like I don't likes me some stupid movies. In fact in an earlier post I raved about "Eurotrip" and am the proud owner of "Zoolander", "Can't Hardly Wait", and "Brewsters Millions" on DVD, but I need some substance to my stupidity thank you. The only positive thing I could say was that Danny DeVito and Kathy Bates did make a great comedy team and without them there would not have been a movie. I’m usually a fan of Ron Livingston but he was such a non-factor in this movie that his character cold have been played by anybody. I also have a soft spot for Neve Campbell because anybody from Guelph can’t be all that bad :)
Anyways, it received the lowest grade I have ever given to a screening a 2/5. I would have given it a lower grade but it isn’t quite on the same level as “Freddy Got Fingered”.
Anyways, not good but at least it was free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
http://easy-hit-counters.com/ Listed on BlogShares