Thursday, January 20, 2005

Back Again

Hey all!
Well it has been a couple of days since I have last updated and I know you all have been really depressed… and by you all I mean my Dad and Mod who are the only people who visit regularly… HA!
The reason I haven’t said much is that I really haven’t had much positive to say so I decided not to say anything at all… Thumper from “Bambi” was a wise little wabbit.
I did have a really good time on Saturday night. I went out to Universal Citywalk down in Hollywood with some friends. We had dinner at the Saddleback Ranch which is a cool little redneck bar down there. What is really funny is that all of the hostess and waitresses are dressed like rednecks (cut off T-shirts, trucker hats) and yet the clientele is dressed to the nines just like you would find at any other Hollywood club. We got great seats right in front of the mechanical bull (trivia note, if you remember when the girls from Sex in the City went to LA, they went to the Saddleback Ranch to ride the bull) so that was good fun watching people bring out their inner cowboy. What is it, you have to stay on the bull for 8 seconds? I don’t remember really, but I think there was a movie with Luke Perry about that… not that I like Luke Perry or anything…. Ummm… anyways… What made the evening was that our waitress kept buying us shots!! We go three rounds of free shots! Now I know I’m damn cute, but I haven’t ever had a waitress buy me a bunch of shots before. Well after that we went and saw “In Good Company”. Great movie!!! Was a little “happy” by the time we got to the theater but still was a good film.
So since then I really haven’t done much. Spent today studying at UCI. Beautiful campus. It has been in the high 70s, low 80s for the past couple of days so I took full advantage of it and explored a bit of the campus and just generally enjoyed the sun. Now I know everybody in Michigan and Canada will kill me, but I have really felt like it’s spring for the past couple of days. Those two and a bit weeks of winter have been a bitch:)
I think my biggest problem as of late has been that I have stopped “doing”. I’ve never been much of a talker, more of a doer and as of late all I have been doing is talking about doing stuff and really haven’t done anything. One of the reasons I don’t really talk about what I am doing is that I don’t want to talk about it if I fail. The best example of this was that my parents didn’t even know I wanted to go to law school until I came home one weekend and told them that I was taking the LSAT. Then I never really told them when I applied schools, I just phoned them up when I found out I got into MSU.
My point is… I have to stop just thinking about doing things and moving on with my life and really start doing. I’m not sure how yet… but I am certainly not going to sit around waiting for things to happen anymore.
Well that’s all for the evening… nite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
http://easy-hit-counters.com/ Listed on BlogShares