Monday, January 03, 2005

Holiday Hangover

This is my least favorite time of year. I am suffering from Holiday Hangover Syndrom. I love everything about leading up to Christmas, but once it’s over I can’t help but be a little sad that I have to wait until next year to do it again. That, and having grown up in Southwestern Ontario, January and February are the WORST months!!!! Nothing but gray, wet and no sun what-so-ever. It’s actually a toss up, which is a worse month, January or February. At least Feb is shorter. Now things are a little different out here in the OC, but the hangover feeling is still the same. I just get to annoyed at DisneyLand.

OK, enough griping. I saw the Incredibles again today. Still a great movie!! I’ve never minded seeing a movie in the theater more than once. My personal record for number of times seeing a movie in the theater is four. I saw both the Shawshank Redemption and Batman Returns four times each. Now the Batman thing is a little embarrassing but Shawshank remains to this day one of my fav movies of all time. I cannot watch that movie without feeling good about myself by the end. Of course this only includes first run movies as I think I’ve seen the Shining in the theater 6 or 7 times as it was a Halloween tradition. No matter how many times I saw that thing, it still scared the crap out of me when those damn twins appeared in the hallway. I stand by the fact that children are the scariest thing in horror movies. From the Shining to Children of the Corn to Godsend… kids are scary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
Did you say you got annoyed with Disney Land? Are you feeling alright? Maybe you have just spent too much time with me. Studying the social/cultural politics of Disney has made me unbearable. Lo siento!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
http://easy-hit-counters.com/ Listed on BlogShares