Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Meca


This has to be one of my fav places in Hollywood. It was the first place I went when I came to California and it still puts me in awe everytime I see it. I have to admit that I have spent a great deal of time just wondering around the footprints in the cement. I've been here dozens of times, but still just get lost in the history of the place. Cool story, when my Dad and I lived just down the street this became our local theater so we would come down here quite often. About once a month they woudl shut down Hollywood for either a movie shoot or red carpet affair or whatever... anyways, we were going to see some moive, I think it was MIB 2, and we noticed that a giant pepsi truck was parked out front and they were shooting something. We asked what movie it was but nobody was talking. We were mostly just annoyed that there was more people traffic than usual so we watched for a min and then went inside. It wasn't until about 6 months later when we saw the "Italian Job" that we realized that we were standing on the set of the car chase scene. Kool stuff :)
This is also the place where you will find everybody from Sponge Bob to Spider-Man walking around. When I first moved there it kind of freaked me out seeing all of the costumed people wondering around, but after awhile I became so used to HollyWeird that I kind of missed the sight of a random Stormtrooper walking down the street.  Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

For anybody who cares, the movie playing is "Boogieman". And no, I didn't go see it. I'm not a fan of seeing horror movies in the theater. Other people don't need to see me hiding behind my popcorn... Right Bry :)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you ever tell me you were so close to my boyfriend Mos Def? You are so lucky! In Hamilton we only have Meg Ryan, Mila Jovovich and Christian Slater. Ha ha, Christian Slater! They finished filming their episodes of the West Wing here. Apparently, Dundas bears a striking resemblance to Connecticut.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Yeah... I was on the same set as your boyfriend Mos Def... but he had really, really bad hair in that movie so you didn't miss much :) Some people look much better bald and he is Most Definately one of them (HA)
I am a little Jelli of your Mila and Christian Slater-ness... Kuffs was an awesome movie!!!!
No really, I liked Kuffs, stop laughing... it was great!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
http://easy-hit-counters.com/ Listed on BlogShares