Friday, January 13, 2006

Holiday Hangover

Well the holidays are now officially a memory and all I am left with is a crappy Michigan winter. For the record, I HATE January and February. It’s nothing but gray and gloom and cold. Actually, it hasn’t been all that cold thus far, but the lack of sunshine is just killing me! I am convinced that the sun doesn’t actually come up in the morning. When I leave for work, it’s dark… when I get out of work, it’s dark. If I sound a little bitter, it’s because I am. This is my first Michigan winter in three years and I plan on bitching about it the entire time :)

I get a little down after the holidays. From October, through December is my favorite time of year and after that I can’t help but feel a little let down. The holidays are certainly a cruel mistress. Seriously though, it’s like I get back together and break up with the holidays every year. Come October, I’ll be all excited again with Halloween coming up, and then Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to… but right now, I’ve boxed up all my Christmas movies and decorations and put them into storage because it’s just too painful to look at. I’m the type of person who has trouble even watching a Christmas episode of Friends when it’s not the holiday season. It just makes me sad. Yes, I know that I am officially a freak, I’m OK with it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
http://easy-hit-counters.com/ Listed on BlogShares